Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Iron & Wine.

First off, apologies for my absence. School has been taking over my life and for a while there, my day to day schedule was going to class, eating, studying, and sleeping as much as I could. Splendid ey?

This last Saturday I ventured to St. Louis to see the Iron & Wine concert (which was sold out), and it was probably one of the best shows I've been a part of. Singer and songwriter, Samuel Beam, blew me away with his mesmerizing vocals and soft strokes of his guitar. It was simply breathtaking to see how spellbound everyone in the audience was as he began with soft whispers into the microphone, and the sounds slowly escalated throughout the show as colored lights galloped across the back curtain.  

My two current favorite songs from Iron & Wine:
"Boy With a Coin"
"Upward Over the Mountain"

No comments: