Thursday, January 21, 2010

Stabbed, Sore, Sick....Suddenly inspired.

First, I'd like to say Happy New Year to all my lovely subscribers...I want to apologize about my absence for the last month; I got caught up in the spirit of the holidays, and school started up again, and I found myself short on time...

This last week has been rather eventful. I was blessed with a long weekend due to the much awaited end of finals and I was left with no homework, so I was given a chance to spend time with my best friend, Caroline, the first day of weekend, and time with a group of girls where we sat around all night and watched caddy movies till the wee hours of the morning. Then I went to Chicago with my family for a perfect day, and saw the new Diamond exhibit at the Field Museum, and also scored a gorgeous new dress at UO (Would like to see photos of my outfits?). Sunday night rolled around and I had the urge to bake but I was incredibly lazy, and settled for boxed brownie mix; as always, they were delicious but all the ones around the edges were stuck, so I began digging them out with a knife, and sadly, this stupid decision led to accidentally stabbing myself in the hand. I am ok now, but I also put myself through an intense work out session two days later, and I left myself in the condition of barely functioning, barely able to walk up the stairs. And to top off this week, I got home last night with a headache and I felt completely awful; so today I spent the day at home, drinking tea, sleeping, and catching up on my favorite bloggers. Although I felt incredibly gross and my head was throbbing, I was left  with a lot of inspiration for new outfits and the urge to wear things I haven't touched in months. This photo, courtesy of The Sartorialist, left me incredibly inspired and yearning to wear pumps.

Aren't her shoes perfect? I am dying for a pair like that to wear with my new UO dress, a perfect combination? I think so. And remember, like always, la vie est chic.

Any questions or if I want to see something specific, let me know at la.vie.est.chic@gmail.com

1 comment:

Sarah said...

love your blog! sounds like you've had an eventful last couple of days. can't tell you how many times i've cut myself in the kitchen...very clumsy:) Love Urban Outfitters..spend 1/4 of my paycheck there each month!