Thursday, December 10, 2009

Glittered in Gold

I think I am going to mix things up, just a bit. I of course will continue talking about fashion, because truly, it's a huge part of my life, but I want to also incorporate my love music and make-up, and ultimately, anything else that catches my eye. So today, we are talking about make-up, really great make-up...


For those of you who have not heard of the website Hautelook.com I recommend going, pronto. To access the goodies within that web-page, you have to submit an e-mail address along with a password of your choice. Once your a "member" you get to online shop at heavily discounted prices; it's like an online TJ Maxx, but better. There are generally between 10-20 retailers at a time, and they stay on that website for two days, usually. And prices are unbelievably low. Around Thanksgiving, Hautelook had Urban Decay as one of their retailers, and I don't think I have been that excited in a really long time (!). 


For those of you who do not know what Urban Decay is, it is a brand of make-up. They are well known for their amazing quality and colorful products. And although some products can be a bit expensive, things like their eye shadow palettes with 12 eye shadows, are very reasonable priced, ranging from $30-$50. Well, as I skimmed the products Urban Decay was offering on Hautelook, I came across an eye shadow palette, the Get Baked palette. (Their names are equally creative and humorous as the products are to die for!) This palette was one of the smaller offered containing 4 shadows, a mini 24/7 liner, and a mini Sin Primer Potion. When I purchased it for $14, I was ecstatic. This package was valued for $53, and selling for $28 on the Urban Decay website, so I had just gotten it half price! It was a miracle.


I ordered it, and just got it today so shipping took quite some time, but other than that, I was very happy with the selections available and the product quality.




This palette, comes with the eye shadow colors Twice Baked, Half Baked, Flipside, and Baked; all are heavily pigmented colors, easily blended, and truly gorgeous. Also included as I said above is a mini 24/7 Liner in the color Bourbon, a deep bronze brown; the liner is very creamy and truly long lasting. Lastly, not shown in the picture is a mini Sin Primer Potion, which is meant to prevent oily eye lids and help colors stay longer; Sin has a gold tone and works wonderfully with this palette. 


If you have not yet checked out Urban Decay's products, please do! They are well worth the price, gorgeous, and truly amazing quality. 



Anything you would like to see on here, or any questions, email me at la.vie.est.chic@yahoo.com

No comments: